Sunday, August 22, 2010

THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BORDER

An article in today's Hartford Courant lays out in microcosm the dire situation faced by Rhode Islanders suffering through another year of woeful unemployment and static prospects for future job growth.

For all the negative news, I believe that with the right encouragement of the ideas, ambitions, and entrepreneurial spirit of my fellow Rhode Islanders there could be an economic renaissance that would rival the advancements of the past three hundred years.

As I researched my book, WHY RHODE ISLAND MATTERS!, I was amazed over and over by the perseverance of the early industrialists, inventors, and business managers who created the industrial revolution, modernized our society, and built several important industries that continue today, albeit in other states.

We could do what they did again, in a new way, for a new world.

Here is the link to the article I mentioned earlier. Read it and think about what you could do to change the future. Call me if I can help your vision happen.

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-rhode-island-0820-20100822,0,446120,full.story

Have a fantastically creative week-

Ann Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment